So Derek and I are on a bit of a “lifestyle change,” as he likes to call it. I call it a diet, but either way I’m actually enjoying it. I didn’t think I would. I like my food, you know!
We started the Paleo diet. Essentially what that means is we are eating grain- and dairy-free. Which isn’t as difficult as it sounds.
The hardest part was giving up bread. Like, I love my bread and bagels and muffins and allllll those good things. And cookies. I especially love cookies.
Which of course leads me to these cookies. These grain- and dairy-free sugar cookies.
It makes: 12 cookies
- 2 1/2 cups almond flower
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl until it becomes, well, doughy.
*** Before you stick your over-eager hands into the dough, wet them! The dough is extremely sticky and it will be a nightmare to deal with if you don’t. ***
- Grab a small handful of dough and work it into a disc that is about 1/4-1/2″ thick.
- Bake in the oven for 9-10 minutes
- Promptly consume all the cookies and begin making more!!!
For those who are interested, per cookie:
Fat: 13 g
Carbs: 5 g
Protein: 5.5 g
It’s great when you’re in the middle of a “lifestyle change” to have a healthy sweet treat to fall back on. This one is ours 🙂
I hope you give this a try and like it as much as I do! Let me know if there are any other healthy sweet treat recipes that you’d like to share!