Hello! My name is Melissa and welcome to The Stir-Crazy!
I am 23 years old and I currently live in Maryland. I grew up in a small town in Oregon, the kind where everyone knows each other by name and you have a “usual” at the local coffee joint. I graduated from university in June of 2014. The East Coast is still quite an adjustment compared to the West Coast, but I’m loving the change!
If there is one thing you should know about me, it’s that I’m an extremely passionate person. I’m passionate about travel. I can always be found researching new destinations and forming my best plan of attack. There is so much to see in this world and I want to see it all! And I love airports. I love love love airports.
I’m passionate about fitness. I have always been involved in sports, all the way through university. I love challenging myself and making myself better and stronger. I’m passionate about staying creative. Writing is one of my favorite creative outlets, but I also love drawing and photography. I’m always on the lookout for color.
I am an avid movie watcher. Like, I could spend all day falling in love with the characters and their stories. I love to spend my time outside. I’m in love with the outdoors. I’m an over-thinker. I’m not a compulsive buyer. I would live in workout clothes if the world would let me. I believe there is more to this life and that Nutella heals just about everything.
So, if you take anything from this, remember the following:
- I went through a phase when I was in elementary school where I was convinced I wore a size 10 shoe. No, I have never nor will I ever be a size 10 but I wanted to have the biggest feet out of everyone I knew, so I made that happen.
- As a child, I’d spent more time than I would like to admit pretending to be a mermaid.
- I currently live 2800+ miles from my hometown ( and my family ).
- I LOVE avocados.
- I also love making lists. To-do lists, grocery lists, lists of bills, etc. And lists of lists.
- I switched my major in college from Microbiology to Architecture, and then back again.
- Wearing foundation makes me feel like my face can’t breathe.
- Travel makes my heart happy.
- Exercise makes me feel invincible.
- I probably have said the lines from the movie “Bridesmaids” more than the people who actually portray the characters.